FARMER SMITH ESTATE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Farmer Smith Estate is a 100 acre working farm and boutique vineyard with livestock and regular vineyard type activities happening on both weekdays and weekends. Our family home is on the property (about 500 metres from the retreats). We are very happy to interact with you or leave you to enjoy the peace and serenity of country life.
Guests with Children
Children are welcome at the Estate, however please note no cots are provided so please bring your portacot/bedding for your young child’s stay. We have two dams on the property, cows, sheep, alpaca’s, a pet dog and cat so please ensure your children are supervised at all times. Care must be taken when wandering through the paddocks/vineyard.
Check-in and Check-out
Check-in is from 3pm and Check-out is by 11am.
When you arrive at the property we will greet you at our home and then take you up the hill to the Retreat. If we are unable to greet you upon arrival we will arrange for the key to be available for you with directions, etc.
If you require an earlier check-in or later check-out please ask us prior to your stay.
The Retreats are set up to accommodate two adult guests or a small family of two adults and two children. Guest wanting to stay with a second couple must book two individual retreats. The retreats have one bedroom with two beds in each and the bathroom/laundry is located off the bedroom. (Please note extra guests/over 16 yrs old $50 per person per night).
If cancellation occurs more than 14 days prior to scheduled arrival date, full refund less fees and charges up to $100.
If cancellation occurs less than 14 days prior to scheduled arrival date, full refund less fees and charge up to $100 only if another guest has booked the dates of your booking. If the dates of your booking are not booked by another guest, then 50% of the full amount will be refunded.
We do not charge a cleaning fee, so please leave the retreat as you found it. Garbage can be placed in the bin outside of the retreats and the dishwasher can be turned on prior to your departure. Please wipe down the BBQ grill plates after use with the BBQ cleaners that are provided.
This is a non-smoking property. As we are in a Fire Zone, smoking can cause bushfires.
There’s nothing like country life! Peace, quiet and beautiful surroundings. With that also comes nature at it’s best. We do our utmost to keep ‘natures little friends’ from coming inside the retreats by keeping the screen doors/sliding doors closed at all times, no food scraps left out, clean and tidy surrounds inside and out, however, sometimes the occasional field mouse may find it’s way in. Pest spray is located in the cupboard for any other little ‘pests’.
There are two retreats on the Estate so please respect one another’s privacy.
As the entire property is on rainwater for house use and bore water for garden/vineyard use, our water is PRECIOUS!! Short showers, no excessive water use or washing of clothes etc are greatly appreciated.
FARMER SMITH ESTATE – PET TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Estate is a pet friendly environment that allows pets to stay with their owners although, we have some basic rules which do apply. Please note: one pet only is allowed.
The reason for this is that despite your pet’s good behaviour at home the Estate is a new environment many dogs fret when presented with unfamiliar surroundings.
Please don’t put us in the awkward position of having to say ‘no’ if the rules listed below are broken.
- The Estate does not operate as a boarding kennel.
- We have a strict policy about not leaving a pet unattended.
- If you plan to go out for the day, your pet needs to travel with you.
We provide secure, fenced dog accommodation adjacent to your retreat which is required to be used by every guest.
You are free to enjoy our estate and wonder through the paddocks and vineyard although, there are farm and native animals all around therefore your pet needs to be under your care and on a lead when it is outside the fenced dog accommodation.
- Pets are not permitted to be left unattended inside or outside of your retreat;
- When outside of the fenced dog accommodation, dogs (as in a public park) needs be on a lead;
- Pets are allowed inside your retreat and a pet bed is provided although, pets are not allowed on the furniture and beds;
- The Estate is not suitable for dogs that bark to attract attention when unattended;
- Please ensure that the retreat and dog accommodation is left hair free and all droppings are disposed of in bags provided and placed in the bin. Not all guests bring a pet so cleanliness is of paramount importance;
- In a farm environment, dry dog food can attract unwanted pests so please don’t leave uneaten pet food out overnight. Once your pet has eaten, please place any left overs in a bagged bin; and
- Please bring your dog’s bedding as they may feel more comfortable in an unfamiliar environment with familiar smells around them.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and adherence to the Terms & Conditions, which assists in making it a pleasant stay for all.
Wayne & Lisa Smith